Fishalytics is the platform for precision aquaculture that allows integrated management of offshore facilities, leveraging on AI and satellite data.
Aquaculture is characterized by operational inefficiencies and untapped technological potential.
The quality of water, adverse weather and sea conditions and the complexity of operations are all variables that affect the performance and the environmental impact of marine aquaculture.
Traditional methods use disaggregated systems for critical activities such as sea and fish growth monitoring, feed management, facilities inspection and so on.
In this context, Fishalytics, through the analysis of multi-source data and the use of advanced technologies, wants to support fish farmers by providing an integrated platform for
- monitoring, controlling and optimizing production activities,
- ensuring economic, environmental and social sustainability.
The platform Fishalytics allows aquafarmers to store and view environmental monitoring data acquired by SatEO, processed by the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring Service.
Data acquired from IoT sensors and management data (data entry) complement the dataset describing the status of the biomass. AI algorithms analyze data to derive information for optimizing production, reducing risks and evaluating the environmental impact.
Fishalytics represents a disruptive all-in-one technology for the aquaculture industry as it integrates in a single platform:
- real-time remote monitoring that enables efficient decisions based on accurate forecasts. So it is possible to avoid damage in the event of adverse weather conditions and to monitor variations in the relevant water parameters (e.g. the proliferation of harmful algae).
- Forecast growth of the fish in each cage in terms of weight/size and production yield of the feed;
- digitization of operations through management modules (warehouse, pharmacy, feeding, maintenance, etc.), improving production efficiency;
- calculation of the environmental impacts of the production processes on the surrounding environment. Through the interpolation of environmental and operational data, it is possible to extract correlations between production activities and variations in the biological parameters of the water.
Fishalytics is a G-nous Venture product. The project has been entirely devised and developed by G-nous and is currently incubated within its venture builder.
Marine aquaculture companies, Marine Biologist, Blue Economy institutions and associations, Fish sustainability certification scheme, Third-party certification bodies, Co-founder (experts in aquaculture).
RESULTS AND MILESTONES
- 2nd place in Copernicus Hackathon Italy 2020
- 2nd place classificato in Oceanthon 2020
- In Copernicus Accelerator Start-up 2021.
Università di Bari
Web site: www.fishalytics.io