Smartfishing is a hardware-software platform that enables:
- the remote monitoring of fishing vessels,
- the optimisation of fishing activities,
- the reduction of fuel consumption
- the predictive maintenance of critical vessels components.
The idea behind Smartfishing takes inspiration from shipowners’ needs and Port Authority activities:
- Improving the productivity of fishing activities by carrying out cost and time savings practices
- solving the lack of efficiency and maintenance of the fishing vessel systems.
Having a Decision Support System (DSS) for fishermen, fishing companies, shipowners and port authorities is the needed solution.
The innovative element of Smartfishing is based on the combination of a wide range of technical solutions, integrating Space Assets and Artificial Intelligence techniques, to provide a comprehensive DSS (Decision Support System) for shipowners and fishermen.
Smartfishing may prevent failures and inefficiencies, thus optimising fishing operations. It means supporting fishing activities, checking the fleet status (e.g., failure detection and management) and giving a real-time benchmark of the fuel consumption and efficiency of the fleet.
The analysis of a wide variety of data in conjunction with inputs given by on-board sensors and satellite assets can guarantee safety of vessel crew, as well as monitoring and reducing vessels environmental impact. The analysed parameters are mainly related to the vessels’ status, weather and sea conditions.
Smartfishing is the way towards the technological improvement of fishing vessels and the optimisation of fishing activities.
Smartfishing is a venture project of G-nous. G-nous takes care of the project business development and leads different activities:
- collection of user needs and requirements
- definition of the system architecture
- data analysis
- AI-based models development and integration.
Shipowners and fishing companies, port authorities, shipyards and vessel design companies.
Autorità di Sistema Portuale del Mare Adriatico Meridionale (Bari)
BIG TC (Blue Italian Growth Technology Cluster)
Distretto Tecnologico Aerospaziale – DTA S.C. a r.l.